- 1/4 c warm water (105-110 degrees)
- 1 packet quick rising yeast
- 1/4c sugar
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cold butter, cut up
- 3/4 c low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 c whole milk
- 1 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough lightly a few times until the dough is smooth. Spray the same bowl with pan spray, place the dough in the bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 10 minutes.
|The corn starch was kicking up some dust|
|Mmmm like coffee-flavored gravy|
Preheat the oven to 400. Place the sheets in the oven (unwrapped, of course) and bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through.
Have a safe and fun Mardi Gras, everyone! Laissez les bons temps roule!