Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cute Cakes : First Birthday and Baby Shower

Good evening, everyone! As I patiently await the results of the Threadcakes competition, I am here to share a couple of cute cakes I've made in the past week! One of them is a monkey-themed first birthday cake.
It was a huge 12" vanilla cake with a little vanilla cupcake as the "smash cake." The design was based on the serveware for the party.
The cake was a success, and the little guy loved it!

My second cake was for a baby shower for a baby boy. I was to construct a 3-tier cake that matched the invitation.
I added some icing booties and little fondant rubber duckies
Some parts of the invitation had glitter accents, so I thought it would be fun to add some clear disco dust (love that stuff!)
I must say that I am very proud of this one. I think that I am getting much, much better at my stacked cakes, which will come in handy when I make my huge cake masterpieces in the future. :)


And I have one more cake to make this week: my own birthday cake! Yes, my 26th birthday is tomorrow! My good friend Jessica (who turned 25 this past Monday) and I are celebrating Saturday with a joint birthday party! I'm still not quite sure what to do design-wise, but I'll try to think of something awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails