- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups well-shaken buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter plus 2 tablespoons for cooking
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I would want to change this to 1 cup for extra pumpkin goodness)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
|Stirring in the pumpkin- yum!|
2) Set the mixture aside to rest while the pan heats (on medium heat). Melt some butter in the pan (I used a bit of butter then some oil-- less likely to burn). Ladle 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form on top (about 3 minutes). Flip and cook until golden brown (another minute or so).
3) Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve with your favorite syrup (warm maple syrup would be perfect!)
My beloved enjoyed these pancakes, and he said he could taste the pumpkin, but I wanted to taste more of the pumpkin flavor. So I think the next time I make this recipe, I'll put 1 cup into the batter instead of 1/2 cup. I loved it, though!