Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Impromptu French Coconut Pie


I have just been enlisted by my good friend, Violet, to make two delicious coconut pies for a party this evening. Even though I think coconut is the bane of my existence (it's a texture thing [and a flavor thing, now that I think about it...]), I decided to make it for her, since I am the best baker she knows (;-)). I immediately looked up a recipe on foodtv.com and came upon Paula Deen's French Coconut Pie recipe. I liked it because it looked very easy, and you only need one bowl (no Kitchenaid required, even!)

  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 (3 1/2–ounce) can shredded sweetened coconut (about 1 cup)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell (regular, not deep-dish)
I doubled the recipe to make two pies, but if you have a super-large bowl like I do, both pie fillings will fit!

1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except pie shell, of course).


3) Pour mixture into pie shell and bake 45-60 minutes or until firm.


Yum...?
And that's it! The only thing that takes time is actually waiting for the pies to bake in the oven. If I actually liked coconut, I would've made a third pie for myself, but it definitely looks good... Anybody have any tasty coconut recipes that I could ease myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails