I have just been enlisted by my good friend, Violet, to make two delicious coconut pies for a party this evening. Even though I think coconut is the bane of my existence (it's a texture thing [and a flavor thing, now that I think about it...]), I decided to make it for her, since I am the best baker she knows (;-)). I immediately looked up a recipe on foodtv.com and came upon Paula Deen's French Coconut Pie recipe. I liked it because it looked very easy, and you only need one bowl (no Kitchenaid required, even!)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2–ounce) can shredded sweetened coconut (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell (regular, not deep-dish)
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except pie shell, of course).
3) Pour mixture into pie shell and bake 45-60 minutes or until firm.