Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies


After I made these cookies, I realized that I definitely want basic chocolate chip cookie ingredients in my house available at all times when I'm a grandmother. It would be so awesome to have my house constantly smelling of fresh baked cookies. Mmmm. Anyhoo, these cookies turned out melty, chewy, and pretty much amazing.
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used unbleached)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • (it's optional to add 1 cup of chopped nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Then add the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla goodness.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
3. Shape into little 2" balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes. (This makes for a lightly golden-brown bottom and a chewy center that finishes cooking on the baking sheet)

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails