Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pink Pineapple Cake


This birthday cake is the start of many confections to come in the next month. My friend, Violet, had her 24th birthday, and she loooves pink girliness... and pineapples, so I figured I could combine that into one delicious birthday cake. I did some digging, and found a way to incorporate a can of crushed pineapple into a yellow cake mix to make a very moist cake. Here's what you need:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix (I'm a huge fan of Duncan Hines brand)
  • 1- 20oz can crushed pineapples (with juice)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 3 large eggs
Here's what you do:
1) Preheat oven to 350. Baker's Joy 2 8in round pans.
2) Cream the butter until smooth then blend in the eggs. Add the cake mix and crushed pineapple and mix until smooth (about 2 minutes)



3) Bake for 20-30 mins. Remember to check the centers with a butter knife!


This cake came out moist and amazing! It's so moist, that you might want to chill it for an hour or so (or overnight, if you can) so that you can better handle it. And you will for sure need a crumb coat.

I paired this pineapple cake with my Butter-Vanilla Buttercream and mixed in some rose pink color. I also used some white and red to make swags on the sides (I found my Wilton brand swag kit and decided to try it) and topped it off with some roses.



Yes, this cake looks Valentine-y, but Violet loves pink, so I wanted to focus on the pink and complement it. However, feel free to use purple and/ or lime green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails