Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cupboard Cookies (working title)

 It has been quite a while! I've been immersed in savory cooking and working as of late. However, I am back with a quick, easy, and super-tasty cookie recipe! It started out with a simple cake mix cookie recipe from allrecipes.com ... then I transformed it into my own. I want to call it my Cupboard Cookies for now, since I pretty much dumped things from my cupboard into it! Here's the recipe my way:
  • 1 box (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix (I used Pillsbury butter recipe yellow cake mix)
  • 1/2 c rolled oats
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 c butter, melted
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla!)
  • 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c walnuts
  • 1/2 c Heath bits 
*note- you can use any combination of things that you find in your cupboard for these-- M&M's, raisins, dried fruit, even-- I just made sure it equaled 2 cups so I didn't overwhelm the cookies (they must stay together, now!)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, oats, and baking powder.

Add the eggs, melted butter, and extract. Mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts, and Heath bits.

3. Drop rounded teaspoons of the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet (they can be about an inch apart since they don't spread that much) and bake 8-10 minutes. Let the cookies finish cooking on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.










Yum!
Mmmm nom x 3
I only wanted to bake off a dozen,so I rolled the remaining dough in a bit of bench flour, wrapped it in wax paper, and popped it in the freezer.
Voila! Now I can slice off however many cookies I need whenever I get a hankering. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails