I have not posted in a little while because I've been busy obtaining a new occupation of the cake decorating persuasion!!! I got a job as a cake decorator in a bakery and I am super excited! My first day was awesome! I made specialty cakes all day and it didn't even feel like I had worked a whole 8 hour shift! No worries... the blog will still go on.
As a sidenote, I would like to try a new thing with my readers (all three of you). I've been toying with the idea of Savory Sunday for a little while. It's a touch of something different once a week. I figured I'd try with my delicious mashed potatoes that I make for holiday family dinners. Warning: it is not for the health-conscious!
- 5 lbs. red potatoes
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 stick of butter
- salt to taste
- 1 c grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp dried chives (if you wish)
|My mom's a better peeler than I am!|
3. Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
4. Meanwhile, mince the garlic and place in a small saucepan with the melting butter on medium heat. Add heavy cream and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the cream is warmed through. (Lets the garlic infuse)
5. When potatoes are ready, mash until your desired texture, add the cream mixture as well as the parmesan cheese. Add salt to taste (parmesan should be a good amount of salt on its own). Add chives for a little color and flavor. Delish!
I love making these potatoes with a great steak. Enjoy! And let me know what you think of my Savory Sunday!