Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Braaaaains (and Eyeballs)


My Betrothed had his birthday this past Friday (more on that later), so I decided to make him some delicious cuppin' cakes for the occasion. And why not make them Halloween-themed? I baked up some vanilla-almond cupcakes and whipped up some vanilla buttercream, and got to work on making brains and eyeballs!





The eyeballs were flat-iced then I added green for the iris and red for veins. I finished off with a black pupil. For the brains, I mixed up a brownish pink brainy color and used a Wilton tip 5 to freehand the folds. To divide the two "hemispheres," I ran a warm spatula down the middle.

The cupcakes were a definite hit! Perhaps the next time I make these, I should add a gooey filling. Mwahahaha! *cough* *ahem* Anyhoo...

These cupcakes inspire me to be an awesome zombie next year. I'm talking eyeball hanging off and a huge open wound on my throat and greenish. Ahh, yes... Stay tuned for that one!

Have a fun but safe Halloween, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails