Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla-Ginger Buttercream


Hello, all! I've returned with yet another pumpkin recipe (trust me-there will be more to come). This came up out of my love for all things pumpkin, which stretches back to my childhood. I actually have my mom to thank for introducing me to this delicious gourd. Every Thanksgiving, she'd make pumpkin muffins, and since the first bite, I was fascinated by them-- and their ability to stain surfaces orange. After that, I wanted to eat other things with pumpkin: pies, cakes, ice cream, scones, lattes, anything. So it's only natural that I also love the spices that help enhance the pumpkin flavor. Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and in this case-- ginger! I started with the Pumpkin Spice Cake recipe I used last year. I used the full recipe so I could make a few cupcakes and two 6-inch layers (more of that later).


While those were baking, I made the Vanilla- Ginger Buttercream.

  • 1/2 c shortening
  • 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, room temp
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • dash salt
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 4-5 c powdered sugar
  • 2-3 Tbsp milk
1) Cream butter and shortening then add vanilla, salt, and ginger.
2) Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating on medium speed.
3) Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time and beat on high until completely blended.

And voila!
Like my cute little fondant pumpkin?
These cupcakes were amazingly delicious and deliciously amazing. I must say, these cupcakes have left a huge orange stain on my heart. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails