Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Celebrating Fall: Pumpkin Crunch Cake

 Fall may have started last week, but I have yet to make a delicious confection with my favorite fall flavor-- pumpkin!-- until now. I decided to make my first pumpkin treat something both gooey and crunchy: a pumpkin crunch cake! My Bestie, Ashley, passed this recipe along to me a while ago. I'm so glad she keeps an eye out for pumpkin recipes for me. :) This recipe is similar to the Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake I made last year, but this calls for the cake mix to be sprinkled on top of the pumpkin mixture-- along with yummy pecans!
  • 1 box yellow or white cake mix (I used white)
  • 1 -15 oz can pumpkin puree
  • 1- 12 oz can evaporated milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon if you don't have pumpkin pie spice)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 c chopped pecans ( or kick it up to 1 1/2 if you're feeling nutty heh heh... yea... anyways!)
  • 1c (2 sticks ) butter, melted
1) Heat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2) Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, spices, and salt.
 3) Pour mixture into the greased pan.
 4) Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pumpkin mixture and top with pecans.


5) Drizzle melted butter over the pecans (Paula would be proud!)
 6) Bake 50-55 minutes.









I allowed this to cool for at least an hour before cutting a piece (the wait was torturous!) I slathered it in whipped cream and snarfed it down! *ahem* I mean, I added a dollop of whipped cream savored every little lady-like forkful. :)
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails