Hello, all! As you may already know, fall has finally arrived and I am so excited!! Not only is it my favorite season, but it also means everything will be pumpkin-flavored! So there will be many, many pumpkin recipes coming soon!
So I had a banana lying around (OK well, I stole it off of Roger's bunch), and I decided to make just enough cupcakes for that one banana (which is about 9). I found a recipe for banana cupcakes and cut everything in half. This is the whole recipe:
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1c mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1/4c buttermilk*
- 2c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- **1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg** (I added this and it's delicious!)
3) Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to the banana mixture.
|They look a bit overfilled, so I'll make 9 next time|
- 2/3 c peanut butter
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c confectioner's sugar
- fine salt (like popcorn salt)
2) On low speed, mix in the sugar until combined, then beat the mixture on high until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
3) Add salt to taste.
Ah, yes. About that pesky asterisk up there...
*I didn't have buttermilk on hand when I was making this recipe, but I did have milk and lemons, so this is a way to make buttermilk for baking: Combine 1/2 cup of milk (I had 2% and it worked fine) and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Let sit for 15 minutes, and voila! You have buttermilk!