Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cake Bombs-- on a Stick!

Good evening, all! From tomorrow on, I will be quite busy with graduation and Father's Day cakes both at home and at work. It gives me a lot to share with you, but it also keeps me from doing much else! So perhaps there will be some combo entries this week!

I'll share some Cake Bombs that I made this past weekend for an event. I haven't found a good name yet, so Cake Bombs on a Stick work for now! I made two different kinds-- Almond Caramel and Chocolate Chocolate. For both, I started with a quarter sheet each of almond cake and chocolate cake.
Then after the cakes cooled, I used my hands to break the cakes into separate big bowls. I mixed in a can of chocolate frosting into the chocolate cake and a can of caramel frosting into the almond cake. This process was very messy, so I wasn't able to grab my camera and capture it! I rolled up the balls into little tablespoons and placed them on parchment-lined baking sheets. The sticks went in, then they chilled in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, I melted some semi-sweet chocolate (in a very appropriate mug, I might add).
I microwaved for about 30 seconds at a time.
Then I started dipping! I ran the bottoms off into the cup because they were going to rest on their bottoms.

After the Bombs were all dipped, I sprinkled chocolate jimmies over the Chocolate Chocolate Bombs, then I placed all of them into the fridge to set (about 15 minutes).
I drizzled some extra caramel sauce over the Almond Caramel Bombs, but this is optional, as long as the two types are distinguishable somehow.
I just had to dip one of each and try them. Quite tasty!!
 The Bombs on a Stick were apparently a hit at the event! Perhaps, I'll be getting some calls soon!
Oh, and help me find a better name, people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails