Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Evening, all! So I know I talk about it a lot, but Pinterest is one of my favorite websites. I have found many recipes, cake inspiration photos, and even workouts on this site. I have run into quite a few chocolate chip cookie recipes that claim that they are "the best." I clicked on one, and found a recipe with an unusual ingredient-- corn starch. I found this interesting, and I decided to take the challenge (and, hey I could get some cookies out of it, if nothing else, right?) So the recipe is as follows and it makes about 3 dozen.

  • 3/4 c ( 1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2c all-purpose flour (I used unbleached-- less flour-y taste)
  • 2 tsp corn starch
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 c bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350, and line a cookie sheet with parchment (not necessary, but I don't trust my cookie sheet sometimes).

In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy and light.
Then add the egg and vanilla.
Mix in the flour, salt, corn starch, and baking soda.
Mix in the chocolate chips.
And resist the urge to eat.
Mmmmmmm
The original recipe suggests baking and enjoying, but I split my batter in half and added 1/2 cup peanut butter to one half. Again, resist the urge to eat.

Scoop out the dough in little tablespoonfuls and line them up on the cookie sheet.
Then bake for 8-10 minutes (no more than 10!)

allow them to cool on the sheet, on a rack for 5 minutes, then remove from the baking sheet and let them cool on the rack (if you can handle waiting that long).

Meanwhile, I rolled my excess cookie dough in separate parchment papers then wrapped them in plastic wrap.
Ready for the freezer!

The cookies (both varieties) came out quite fluffy and delicious.


Are they the best cookies, I've ever had? I must say, they are quite amazing (if you underbake them a little bit.) But perhaps, I need to eat a few more to really know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails