Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats


Good evening, all! (And evening is arriving so early these days!) I wanted to share this delicious recipe I found on my new obsession-- Pinterest! For those of you who have never heard of it, Pinterest is a virtual bulletin board site where you grab photos (or "pins") of things you like and categorize them onto different "boards." I love it! I have a board specifically named "My Pumpkin Obsession," and I decided to make one of my pins- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats!

I've eaten Rice Krispies treats most of my life (one of my favorite snacks!) so I wanted to mash it with my favorite flavor- pumpkin! The following recipe is for 12 servings, but I cut everything in half for just 6 bars. I also used my handy dandy Wilton Square muffin pan so I can create perfect squares without having to cut them out.

  • 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/4 c pumpkin
  • 1-10 oz bag mini marhsmallows + 1 cup
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • pinch of all spice
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies
1) Melt the butter over medium-low heat. Then add the pumpkin and warm it through.
 2) Stir in the 10 oz bag of marshmallows and melt. Then stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, and salt and remove from the heat.
 3) Cool for 10 minutes and fold in the remaining cup of marshmallows. Add Rice Krispies.
 4) Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan and let set for about 20 minutes then cut into squares.
*or press into your square muffin pan!*
And voila!

These were as amazing as I thought they'd be! My brother snuck one and he loved it! Then he snuck another!

One thing I would probably change is the addition of the whole marshmallows at the end. The next time I try this recipe, I'll see how it is with all of the marshmallows melted at the same time.

Oh, feel free to pin me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails