Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Almond-Caramel Cake Bombs!

Hello, all! As the holidays are quickly approaching, I am working on some delicious holiday-inspired treats to share with you! But first, I have to tell you about these delicious cake bombs I made a little bit ago. They're compact desserts for a party, so they would definitely work for any Christmahannukwanzakuh or New Year parties you may have coming up.

I love, love, love the combination of almond cake and caramel icing, so I started with a box of white cake mix and almond extract. I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and let it cool completely before breaking it up into tiny crumbs.
Then I added 1 whole 16oz can of Duncan Hines Caramel frosting.
Then I got in there with my hands and mixed it all up until it had a doughy consistency. I rolled out balls that measured about 3 tablespoons each (I didn't measure them out). This method produced 33 bombs. After all of the rolled balls were placed on cookie sheets, I chilled them in the refrigerator for an hour. I melted 16 oz of semi-sweet baking chocolate and coated the cake bombs using two forks.

Back on the baking sheets they go and back into the fridge to chill for at least twenty minutes.
Yummeh!
A drizzle of a little white chocolate (optional!) and voila!
They were a hit at the party! However, the next time I make them, I'll use a small ice cream scoop to make smaller and more consistent cake bombs.

And why are they called Cake Bombs? Because it's something different from balls, pops, truffles, and bon-bons... And they're the bomb! Right? Right???

Don't hate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails