Luckily, I found a quicker, yeast-free recipe here! The site I found also included a recipe with yeast, depending on how much time you have. Apparently these recipes are a combination of the best of several different other recipes, so I had some faith in this endeavor (since I've never made cinnamon rolls before!)
For the rolls:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus some extra for the counter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2) Make the filling, and mix all the ingredients together until it looks like wet sand.
4) Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon until absorbed (about 30 seconds). The dough will look shaggy.
7) Loosen the dough from the counter using a scraper or metal spatula and roll the dough tightly, starting on the long side. Pinch the seam together.
Turn the rolls over onto the greased cooling rack then turn them back over to cool for 10 minutes before frosting.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
|Definitely not a low-fat recipe!|