Feel free to email any news, videos, recipes, or just about anything to mysweetdiversion(at)hotmail(dot)com!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gingerbread Party!

Last night, my Betrothed and I had a few guests over for a Gingerbread and Apple Cider Shindig. This was a ZS gathering, so do not be alarmed by the ZS names mentioned later. We simmered a huge pot of apple cider mixed with spiced rum, and I had some egg nog with Bacardi (delish!) The gingerbread creations varied greatly, and now I have a delicious-smelling little town on my table!
I made a traditional little house...
Gayne had a train kit...
Voltage made a mini village...
...and Firebird added a little shack to it.
I think the most epic gingerbread construction was Guardian's castle. He employed the help of graham crackers as well. Ahhhh...
This party was a first, and I think it was a success! I'm thinking Second Annual Gingerbread and Cider Shindig next year! It was nice to see some faces I hadn't seen in a while. My Betrothed had just returned home for winter break, so it was definitely nice to see him again, too! Now what to do with that leftover egg nog... Expect to see some delicious baked goods soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some feedback! Watch the language, though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails